Shipping and Other Policies
The shipping calculator used by the on-line store is an estimate only. We charge actual shipping which will usually be lower than estimated. Contact us if you want to know in advance your actual shipping charges.
Shipping Within the United States
Bear Country Cottons will typically ship your order the next business day! Occasionally it may take an extra day, but we do our best to ship as quickly as possible! We use USPS Priority Mail which includes delivery confirmation. First class is used for fabric orders up to 2 yards.
FREE US domestic shipping on order over $200
If you would like to add insurance to your package, please let us know and we can insure for the cost charged by the post office.
- To minimize postage, we may undo packaging and recycle cardboard backings. For example, a layer cake can be shipped in a flat-rate envelope if the backing cardboard is removed. If you want the packaging left intact, and are happy to pay the extra postage, please tell us using the "special instructions" section of your order.
- Flannel shipping will cost more since it is thicker.
- Quilt Backing (108" wide) will require more in postage.
If purchasing over 5 yards of fabric, the shipping calculator may NOT charge an adequate amount for shipping. We will ship the most economical way possible and only charge actual cost.
Shipping Outside the United States
We love to ship internationally! We use USPS priority mail flat rate envelopes and boxes. Sometimes it is cheaper to split larger orders into 2 or more flat rate envelopes.
International Buyers Please Note:
We are obliged to conform to customs laws and regulations:
- Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility.
- Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.”
- These charges are normally collected by the delivering freight (shipping) company or when you pick the item up – do not confuse them for additional shipping charges.
- We do not mark merchandise values below value or mark items as ‘gifts’ - US and International government regulations prohibit such behavior.
USPS does not track Flat Rate Envelopes after they have left the USA, so we cannot be held responsible for envelopes after they have left the USA. Although un-trackable, Flat Rate Envelopes provide an inexpensive shipping option and international parcels rarely go undelivered. If you wish to track your package we can use Express shipping but it is a lot more expensive. Please contact us for prices.
If you have any questions regarding shipping, please contact us using the "Contact Us" link below and we will be happy to help.
We are required to charge sales tax of 5.3% for all sales to the state of Virginia.
Returns and Refunds
We want to satisfy all of our clientele and make every effort to be accurate. If there is a problem with your order, please contact us as soon as possible by email and we will be happy to work with you. You can return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery:
- Items must have the original receipt
- Items must be in saleable condition and free from smoke odor
- Customer pays for the return shipping fee, unless the result is our error
- Refunds will be issued within five working days of receipt of returned items.
- Custom fabric cuts and sale items are not refundable, nor are patterns and books (for copyright reasons)
Customer service is extremely important to us, so please let us know of any errors.
Orders can be cancelled by contacting us before we cut fabric or ship the items. Custom fabric cuts are not cancellable once we have cut the fabric. If we have already shipped the items, then we will arrange a refund as described above.
- We collect certain personal information about you – but only when that information is provided by you or is obtained by us with your authorization. We use that information to provide services to you at your request and to improve our web site. Examples of sources from which we collect information include letters or emails from you.
- As a general rule, we do not disclose personal information about our clients or former clients to anyone except to comply with any applicable legal requirements.
- Except as otherwise described in this notice, we restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to employees of our firm and other parties who must use that information to provide services to you. Their right to further disclose and use the information is limited by the policies of our firm, applicable law, our Code of Professional Conduct, and nondisclosure agreements where appropriate. We take great care to guard your personal information from unauthorized access or misuse.
Thank you for allowing us to serve your quilting needs. We value your business and are committed to protecting your privacy.
- Minimum order: 1/2 of a yard
- Fabric width: 44" unless otherwise stated
- We are an online-only store!